Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with reinstall XP Professional 2002 version

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KJRose

KJRose

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

I have an XP Professional software disc for a referbished computer ( HP Compaq ) that had to be reinstalled. Now even though it is a valid disc and the referbished serial on the computer is correct, I am left with these problems that I do not know how to fix. This computer can take windows 7 easily I ran the microsoft verificaton but to be honest we have several computers at home, and do not have the funds right now to buy windows7 for this one.

I want to still use this computer though...

so ..

Here are the missing things:

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Ethernet Controller

Video Controller

Is there a way to fix this so I can at least have my Uverse connection on that computer once again?

Thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

The "missing" items all appear to be drivers, which is not necessarily a catastrophe :).

Drivers for the HP system should be available at the HP website.

Specific model Compaq, please?

Louis

#3 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thank you so much. I am sorry that I neglected to post the exact computer:
HP Compaq dc7600C  It is a mini tower. Now my other problem is that I have to forward you email and work off of the other XP which is the business computer..because my Asus win7 computer will only accept a DVD-RW and the XP takes a CD-R which I have...Thank you hamluis

I am also not sure what drivers to download either  I really appreciate your help

Edited by hamluis, 27 January 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Your computer has multiple drivers for each of the above depending on the hardware. Right click on each of the above devices in Device Manager. There should be an exclamation mark next to each. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the Drop Down box, copy and paste the results in the next post.

original.jpg

#5 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Okay here we go I had to manually copy and I double checked.. so I will put the numbers here as they appear..

I did get the sound back..

Ethernet:

PCIWEN_14E4&DEV_1600&SUBSYS_3010103C&REV_01\4&48785314&0&ooE1

Video:

PCWEN_8086&DEV_2772&SUBSYS_3010103C&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&10

I downloaded on the other computer and put it on the other XP the sound drivers and jumped out of my chair when I rebooted LOL  I hope we can repair the internet connection

Thank you agan for the help 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Your ethernet is the Broadcom chip. Go to the support site here. Scroll down to Network and download

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP (International) 10.62.1.2 Rev. C  38.5MB

Your graphics is Intel. You can download the Graphics driver .

Intel Graphics Driver 6.14.10.4864 Rev. A 4 Feb 2008 17.2 MB

#7 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Perfect  Thank you!

#8 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I would like to thank you.. The XP computer is working just fine anf I downloaded all the updates...( not that many to take a long time ) but it works. I have saved the information just in case ...Thank you again   :bananas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users