Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Milky Way as seen in Chile

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

chilepan_buer_1400.jpg

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Everyone click it! Simply gorgeous.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

funny, but last I checked a chocolate bar in chile looks just a chocolate bar in america. . .just kidding :P that is a gergeous picture.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

Amazing!

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#5 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Is this the same view you would get from the naked eye because in OZ i have never seen anything like this, and im talking heading way out in the outback where no light is visble and still cant see it this good!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I'm sure it's enhanced for effect. Not to mention time-lapsed. I couldn't find the description that usually goes with an APOD picture. All I was able to find was the image.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#7 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

Yeah those pictures and most pictures of Space are time lapsed and they take in so much light to give it that effect

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Found this, not sure it's even related but probably taken from at or near same location. Pretty awesome video when full screen.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/26/watch-breathtaking-time-lapse-video-of-the-milky-way-in-the-chilean-sky/

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#9 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

Ahh i see, in the middle of Australia, you see some unreal lights hey. Its so dark that every single star can be seen and its pretty wiked sight if you just so happened to accidently smoke some grass that accidently fell in your ciggaret.

Accidently of course :P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users