Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Pro 32-bit / DNS wiped out / Have run many many virus/malware programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 technort

technort

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

Still no fix or detection of problem. I only have two PCs on this network, very simple small business invironment. Always keep antivirus up to date but something has found it's way in and blown out functionality of DNS. The only way I can get it to work is to use Firefox and manually tell it NOT TO USE PROXY and run its own DNS then it will work. Help!

Edited by hamluis, 27 January 2014 - 11:39 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Hello -

As a first try, there may be a setting upset in your internet settings.

Click > Start Orb > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Now check that the only box ticked in the entire area is Automatically Detect Settings, and untick all other boxes > Click OK > (Apply if required) OK and close the area.

If the problem continues, your ISP may have altered their home base settings (please call them)

Do you have exactly the same problem with both computers ??

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users