Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pissed as bleep: My computer's serial cable connection for 2nd monitor bleepED!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hello. How are you? I have a problem. UGH. I've had it with computers. I've got a windows 7 Laptop and Its bleeped as hell. I have to use an external monitor with it because the 1st monitor is broken. I also have vision problems. Well the 9 pin serial cable which is a standard monitor cable is just fine, but the port on the laptop where it goes into the comp is bleeped. WHAT NEXT???? Anything, or is there an external thing I get without having to t a special store? Or is this the THE END???????????????????????????????????????????? Cannot get a new computer. Cannot get this fixed. THIS IS BAD. My computer has PISSED ME THE bleep bleep OFF. Thank you so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

I assume this is a vga output? 15 pin most likely. They do make usb to vga adapters but most of the time you will need to install a driver to get them to work. If you have no way of seeing the screen it would be impossible to install a driver. Maybe because it is windows 7 you would get lucky and could find a usb-vga adapter that will load automatically when the computer boots.

Something like this is what you could look for: http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-USB-VGA-165-1920x1080-1600x1200-DisplayLink/dp/B004D0QC0A/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1390831559&sr=8-11&keywords=usb+to+vga+adapter+windows+7

Does the computer have an HDMI output or does it have only the vga port? They do make HDMI - VGA adapters, they are expensive because you need a converter from digital to analog.

Edited by zingo156, 27 January 2014 - 09:14 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

One thing about usb to vga: they do not do well with video, it will be very laggy unless you have usb 3.0. If you have usb 3.0 ports, get a usb 3.0 to vga cable, they will be faster and have less lag, they may even do video ok. I doubt any of them will do gaming.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

What exactly is wrong with the port on the laptop?

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

You lap top screen is also not working is that correct?  Most are very easy to change out also quite cheap under $50.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users