Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File scan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nolacs22

nolacs22

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

After running sfc scan it said no integrity violations found, and @openwithtoastlogo.png2a. I have run this scan many times, and never a message like that. What does it mean? The most recent thing i have done on my computer is installed classic shell V4.0.4 

HP pavilion g6-2225nr

Win 8 X64 V6.2.9 IE 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

your image link is broken, or is that the error?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 nolacs22

nolacs22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

No after running sfc/scannow in the command prompt screen, it said no problems found then the next line said

openwithtoast.png2a.I have run sfc many times and never encountered this.What does it mean?

:clapping:

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Was it showing the current location in the command propmt? IE c:\users\openwithtoast.png2a or c:\windows? Are you using any scripts to run the sfc scan or manually entering it?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 nolacs22

nolacs22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Was it showing the current location in the command propmt? IE c:\users\openwithtoast.png2a or c:\windows? Are you using any scripts to run the sfc scan or manually entering it?

No, in command prompt window i entered sfc/scannow to check my files it said "no violations found" then on the next (no input from me) it says" openwithtoastlogo.png2a, I have run sfc scan many times and this has never happened before. Could it be because I installed Classic Shell 4.0.4? here is a run of events by me ( what I changed on my computer) I have to do it like this i have not learned how to get the info from my computer. .Installed shell 4.04 , I enabled F8 for Win 8 (per bleeping article)   I tried to  do a rollback to Google V 31.0 because i was having issues with V32, but I fixed that. didn't work. I am still with Google 32.0  I ran windows update troubleshooter and then,  i did a sfc to check my files, and   that is when i came upon this message in command prompt window. All of these changes I did on the same day.So far no problems, but   just need to know, in case something else pops up. Thanks! I don't know anything about scripts yet. One more thing sfc is an off line only program right? I ran DISM.exe no corruption of component store.DISM.exe is an online program right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users