Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I would like a Tuneup utility.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JSTJ704

JSTJ704

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

I know Bleeping computer doesn't like tuneup utilitys and such I will probalbly hear about it but I'am not a computer pro and actally now just learned how important it is to use Antivirus and as of right now I'am using Kaspersky I like it. But I would like something good like paid software or with a free trail to keep my computer clean and running at best with easy click or so or to repair a problem also if one comes up. Does anyone tell me of a good software that will keep my computer running at best. I do know  regisary is nothing to play with. I seen CCleaner but whats really good out there anyone?

Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

http://www.tweaking.com/

Has an all in one repair for if you are having particular issues... but as to tuning up?

It's a computer, not a car...data doesn't blow gaskets. CCleaner is enough, actually very good.

edit: tuneup utilities are generally either fakeware, junkware or malware.

edit edit: running a defrag every now and then might assist a little. Defraggler (by the same company as CCleaner) is a cool GUI. Does the same as Windows defrag in essence though.

Edited by TsVk!, 26 January 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

I recommend that you set up CCleaner to automatically delete junk files etc. each time you boot up. I have been doing this for years. CCleaner is the only product that will do this automatically.

#4 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the input!!!!! I'll give CC cleaner a try

Justin

Edited by JSTJ704, 28 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Don't forget to not use the registry feature of Ccleaner which is the same of any other registry software found online. See also Ccleaner Settings.

Tekken

#6 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

ok thanks

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

See also Ccleaner Settings from HowtoGeeks :thumbup2:

Tekken

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Another note about Ccleaner...is that the default settings will result in deletion of any dump files which may be created.  Those files are more useful when troubleshooting BSOD errors...than any other tool.  Deleting them is not smart at all.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users