Download and scan with Sysclean Package
in "SAFE MODE
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip).
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip
pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE
your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com
7. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
8. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.Perform these online Virus scans
:[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]Trend Micro Housecall ScanPanda ActiveScan
BTW, are you having any problems with cmd, regedit and task manger not working? If so, do a search and check for the following file:
You may need to look at the removal description from Trend Micro's homepage for info on killing the related process here
. (click on the solution tab)
Edited by quietman7, 10 May 2006 - 02:02 PM.