Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer wont start, ive tried everything, isnt battery, isnt charger.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thecakeisaspy

thecakeisaspy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hey, my Asus laptop
Model: x44h bbr7
version: k84l
(thats all I can find)
It wont start. Ive tried 2 different chargers, ive tried taking out the battery and plugging in the charger, ive changed outlets. Over time all the chargers ive tried ( even the new ones ) wont work. I was wondering what I could do to fix this, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

does anything happen at all? fans? light? beeps? anything?

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

When you plug in the adapter do you have a charging light? As posted above by TsVk! are there any lights at all? If you have no power at all I would suspect an issue with your power adpaters or the jack on the laptop itself. You can test your power adapters if you have a multimeter.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Is the jack on your laptop loose? Does it have a pin inside? Is that loose?

Are you buying Genuine part replacements or $20 adapters off Ebay?

#5 thecakeisaspy

thecakeisaspy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

nothing happens, im buying expensive adapters, yes charging light. Hope this clears some things up.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

may be a broken button, fried motherboard, or fried internal power bits... or a whole range of unknowns

unless you are pretty savvy with a multimeter and a soldering iron it is a repair shop job.

#7 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

I somewhat agree with TsVk! However there are a few things you can try, you say that you took out the battery and then plugged in the adapter, did you leave the battery out? You should leave it out and try it that way. If you tried this then lets move on, if you can take the ram sticks out by removing the bottom plastic cover, you can try to power the computer on with no ram in, see if it powers on and if you get any beeps or if anything changes. If it does power on and beeps, put 1 stick of ram back in (make sure you disconnect power when removing ram and putting it back in). If it does not power on again after putting in 1 stick of ram into 1 of the ram slots, move the stick to the other slot, if still you have no power, remove that stick of ram and try a different stick of ram in both slots.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users