Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tab slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BWest1989

BWest1989

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hello, 

I bout a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 exactly a year ago and it used to be perfect for all my usage. But lately it has become very slow. Sometimes opening an app or changing from one up to another can take more than 30sec. Also when I go the settings to check the storage information it keeps telling me I only have less than 500mb left even doe I have deleted a lot of files. Also on  the storage screen it's supposed to try and calculate where the space has be allocated to e.g. how many gb for applications etc. but all that appears on that screen is a constant recalculation without actually calculating anything.

Any ideas what I could do?

Kind Regards 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

Recalculation will eventually show. But it will take lomger if it's running that slow. Maybe a lot longer.

You probably have a ton of something you aren't even aware of. I have a different tablet model and it's rooted. I had the same problem. Mine was getting slower and slower, storage space kept shrinking even though I was uninstalling apps and deleting files, etc. I finally tracked it down to Titanium Backup. I had it storing stuff to the internal SD (default) instead of the external one. I set it up to the external, deleted all of the internal junk and got almost 2GB back.

You probably have something similar, and it's probably contributing to everything slowing down.

There's no easy way to solve it that I know of. The only thing I can think of is to go through app by app, anyting that stores files (notes, docs, mp3s, pictures, etc) to see what can be set to save to external storage. Change what you can, then move any files to the new location (some, maybe all, apps won't move them automatically - Titanium Backup didn't). You probably can already think of an app or two that might be doing exactly that. Take a look at those first.

#3 BWest1989

BWest1989
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Yes initially it was games such as asphalt and iron man updates from GameLoft so I deleted those. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users