Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time reset + blue screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dyedfire

Dyedfire

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Alright, so I'll start from when I started noticing problems:

First of all, the computer was shut down after a windows update. After restarting, everything started up fine but I was unable to connect to the internet (wireless worked) properly; as it would give me certification errors. Restarted the modem, that wasn't it. What I found is that my date was incorrect! So, I manually switched it to the correct (little above in seconds) time and date, then ran Ccleaner and deleted everything internet related. Working internet.

This event caused me to take extra precaution, so as I was looking more though a topic on this site, they mentioned to the fellow to run a scan with GMER. I followed the link, disabled internet, antivirus program, disabled said options in program, and ran it. After a good 5-7 minutes, it blue screened.

First, the time reset.

Then, the blue screen while scanning.

Something seems suspicious.

If one of you could help me, step-by-step, find out the cause of this, I will ever be grateful for your time and resources spent.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

That fault with the time and date being incorrect.  That was the BIOS date, a default when the CMOS battery that holds the BIOS info when the machine is shut off and keeps the clock running.  The battery can create all kinds of intermittent, non repeatable failures when it gets weak or dies completely.  usually a coin type cell mounted on the MOBO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users