Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio Laptop goes black just after Windows 7 starting windows logo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xfuture

xfuture

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I have a Sony VAIO laptop that seems to have gotten some form of malware or virus on it.  The machine specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel i5, 6 GB RAM.

The problem I am seeing is when I boot up the laptop and it gets to the starting windows screen with the blurred windows logo.  Then the screen goes black.  There is still hard drive activity and I hear the Windows start up chime but the screen remains black. I've let it run for up to 20 minutes but even though it shows hard drive activity the screen stays black.  There are no error messages. 

I can boot into safe mode and safe mode with networking, which I did and looked for unusual programs.  I found ScorpionSaver Services and found a removal tutorial on your site via a Google search.  I tried the steps in safe mode and things seemed to work but even though Malwarebytes found a lot of stuff (which I removed) I still could not boot into windows and ScorpionSaver Services is still there. 

I don't know if this is related or if it is a different issue but I will mention it here just in case it is helpful.  It appears that there is a browser hijack going on too because even in safe mode with networking I cannot navigate away from search.conduit.com. 

I am pretty much stuck.  In the past I have had to work my way through one of those Ransomware attacks on a friend's computer and thought this might be similar so I ran Windows Defender Offline but that did nothing. 

Anything you could offer would be helpful.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xfuture

xfuture
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Hey, nevermind.  I spent the weekend and the last 2 days slogging through the internet and I think we are good.  Not as elegant of a solution to be sure but things are working again and that is good enough for now.  Keep up the good work!  No need to spend any time on this one.  Consider it resolved. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users