Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Beeps While Playing Games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TA1

TA1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:52 AM

MY COMPUTER PC SPEAKER BEEPS ONLY WHILE PLAYING GAMES, IT STOPS WHEN I EXIT THE GAME. I HAVE CHECKED ALL THE CONNECTIONS AND THE CARDS ARE SEATED WELL. THE BEEPS ARE CONSTANT I.E. SAME SOUND AND SPACING AND DOES NOT STOP OR PAUSE TILL THE GAME IS TURNED OFF. RAM IS READING CORRECT AND ALL ELSE WORKS FINE.
ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:32 AM

First of all please stop using all capital letters, they are a bit difficult to read and it is considered yelling or hollering.

Have you done anything that includes sounds like cell phone sounds that are downloaded to your computer for loading into the cell phone?

Also I would check in Control Panel for sound settings and see if any of them are what you are hearing by r8unning them from the sound area found in Sounds and Audio Devices or the Multimedia area.

It could be any setting for sounds so check all the areas that might have this including programs that record music etc.

#3 Deedlbug

Deedlbug

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hi there! =) I was browsing around the net searching for some help with a graphics card issue and this forum topic is just what I what I was looking for. I have the same problem as TA1 only the beeping noise I get, is not the same over and over again. It's random, but every 5-10 seconds upon starting a game on my PC. I just installed a GeForce FX 5200 (oh it's a upgrade...lol), Every thing seems to be fine untill I play a game. The beeping starts. Normal Windows operation is fine. I have downloaded all of the latest drivers for everything: Motherboard, Graphics Card, BIOS, Windows OS. This one has me stumped. :thumbsup:
The comment by Thor XP though intrigues me though. I have recently (prior to the graphics card install) Downloaded ringtones, and apps for cell phone "tweaking" I have yet to use any of these apps, except for the audio convertor tool. But I'm curious as to why you think it's an audio issue? I'm seriously about to explore that side of this problem, but has this issue been explored previously? I didn't even think to check audio.

Here's my PC specs if it helps and thanks again for any help. =]

Windows XP Pro Sp2
Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
ASUS P4GE 845 chipset Mainboard
1GB pc3200 DDR RAM
GeForce FX 5200 128Mb AGP
400 watt PS
Latest drivers and updates, spyware free, plenty of hard drive space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users