Jump to content
Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:58 PM
Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:57 PM
First run a Full scan with your Antivirus and Copy and Paste a log if it creates one.
Next Update your Malwarebytes version and run a Full Scan and post a log if anything is found -
Now: The first 3 items are for information, and the next few are a quick cleanup.
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files
Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).
Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only post the link)
Once completed please continue with these -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* Please post the small log back here *
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
Now: Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
NOTE : Please close or save all work, as the computer will be Rebooted
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button. (only once)
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
If you see anything you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
If you are not sure, then post the [R0].txt log
Next: Click on the Clean button (only once) to remove the selected items.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.
Click on OK, and then OK again to confirm the reboot.
When cleaning process is complete a log (AdwCleaner[S0].txt ) of what was removed will be on your desktop.
Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Follow with -
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
* How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
* Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu to your desktop.
* Run the tool by double-clicking it.
* If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, right click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
* Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.*
Finish with -
Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
Thank You -
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users