Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes problem importing file

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

My iMac is running 10.5.8 with iTunes 10.6. I have a .wav file which is in iTunes but listed by itself in an 'Unknown Album'. I want to put this file into an existing music album but can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks.

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

My iMac is running 10.5.8 with iTunes 10.6. I have a .wav file which is in iTunes but listed by itself in an 'Unknown Album'. I want to put this file into an existing music album but can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks.

In iTunes, select the song that you want to "add" the album. With the song selected, either press Command-I (i.e. press and hold the Command button then press the I button) or got to the File menu and select "Get Info" (there is a slight chance it might be named something a little different in that older version of iTunes, but I don't think it is). This will open the "Info" dialog box for that song. These should be number of "tabs" along the top of the dialog box and one of them should be labeled "Info" (I don't recall exactly what it will look like in iTunes 10.6, but it should be similar or the same as what is in 11.1…if so, then it should be the second tab as when I do it, it opens to the "Summary" tab). On the Info tab in that dialog box, there will be an Album field. Type in the name of the Album you want to add it to. It needs to be EXACTLY the same as how the other songs have the Album field filled out for that field, so if you want to be sure, select one of the songs already in the album and use Command-I and then copy and paste from the Album field to the new song. While you are in the "Info" tab, you can type in the name of the song (and other information) if you want.

#3 Twin B

Twin B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Worked like a charm, I knew I could depend on you smax013.  (C'mon, give us a hint about your gender.)

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Glad to help.

#5 Twin B

Twin B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thanks you male. hehe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users