Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I suddenly can't access internet anymore via explorer button

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Techhelpmeplease

Techhelpmeplease

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I Can't access internet anymore via explorer button, I just get a blank page no message, can anyone help?

This is a problem with a desktop computer.

I have windows 7 home premium. 

I normally just click on the Explore button and I get my home page. 
Yesterday I was surfing and clicked on a site and right after that my computer froze, and I wound up shutting it down. Once I restarted I found I could not reaccess the internet and was just geting a blank page. Yet all indicators were showing that I was connected to the internet from looking at the router and modem and also looking at the internet connection indicator at the very bottom right hand corner of my screen. 

I tried a few things 

1) shut down my computer and my power source which powers my modem and router and the restarted everything and nothing changed. I also went into the control panel to see if somehow my indicated home page was somehow wiped away, but it was still there as it should be. I wiped it away and retyped it, but that solved nothing either. The problem persists, 

2) I went to my lap top and clicked on explorer and immediately got access to my home page and the internet, so my laptop is fine and I can access internet as usual. 

3) This morning I checked and my desktop internet access was still not working. I though to access via Google Chrome, which I never do, although others in the house do us Google Chrome. Anyway, as soon as I clicked on Google Chrome I got access to the internet and was able to go to any web sites I wanted to. So, I was able to access the internet with my desktop using Google Chrome. I then retried explorer but that was sill not working. 

I am pretty sure that the problem had something to do with that one web site that I visited that caused my computer to freeze initially. So, at this point, what can I do to undo what ever it was happened to my computer? Also, I want to say. that other than this one problem I have mentioned, nothing else seems to be wrong and I am not getting any strange messages or errors and the computer seems to be working fine. 

What should I do to get access the internet via explorer like I used to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aharonov

aharonov

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Hello,

please run a FRST scan first so that we can exclude the presence of malware.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)

• Start FRST with administator privileges.
  • Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.
  • When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.
    Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

#3 aharonov

aharonov

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users