Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scanning a document

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 toni bologna

toni bologna

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

while trying to scan a document an error comes up and it says remote operator panel has been blocked?  Never have this trouble before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

First off - welcome to BC !

Second, a little info makes life easier for everybody. Computer make and model; scanner make and model ?

As a first step I would uninstall and reinstall the scanner drivers.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 toni bologna

toni bologna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Thank you

#4 toni bologna

toni bologna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Ricoh SP4410sf copier. Windows xp.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

I'll have a look at this tomorrow, the 28th. Had a bad day today !

Chris Cosgrove

#6 toni bologna

toni bologna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

OK thanx

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

This is one brute of a printer - according to the specs it weighs about 50 lbs !  No wonder when the manual refers to moving it, it shows it being lifted by two people.

What is your use situation ?  Office, small business ?  The reason I ask is that this is not your typical domestic inkjet printer, but with a capacity of up to 850 sheets and a print rate of 40ppm, it is very much a businesss type solution.

However as for your problem - I cannot see any reference in the manual to 'remote operator panel', not even in the index. Umpteen pages referring to the control panel but no mention, as far as I can see, of the word 'remote'. All I can suggest is that you carry out Ricoh's solution to virtually all possible problems with this printer - turn it off, disconnect it from all equipments it may be connected to, and turn the power off / disconnect from the mains for at least 10 seconds. Then re-connect everything and turn it back on !

If that doesn't work, then, if uninstalling and re-installing the driver software doesn't fix it, it is time to contact Ricoh's service. This is, of course, if you are the SysAdmin for this printer. If, happily, you are not, then dump the problem in her / his lap !  If you do decide to uninstall / re-install the software, make sure you use the correct set-up sequence, priinters can be very fussy about this.

Sorry I can't be more specific,

Chris Cosgrove

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,413 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'd take a look at the scanner configura5tion settings.

From what I see, the Remote Control Panel is a feature (unnecessary) offered by scanner/printer makers...for remote access to product controls/settings.  The install appears to be optional for some manufacturers, but it may be a basic configuration option when setting up the scanner.  I don't see where disabling it or having it blocked is anything to worry over.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users