Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bios recognizing non-compatible ram?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pvtires

pvtires

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Last night I posted about my Ram causing my computer to not do a POST when I turn it on. This morning I put my ram back into my computer, hooked up my tv and I went into my bios. While looking through my bios I realized my computer is recognizing ALL of my Ram(2x4gb). Does this mean it will work with my computer regardless or do I still have to go buy different ram?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

You do NOT need different RAM :).  The RAM you have works if it is fully recognized in the BIOS and the system boots.

On some boards/systems, there is the one beep after POST...on others, there is no beep :).  The beeps are only useful when the system does not boot or function properly.  Your system boots into BIOS...recognizes all RAM.  At this stage, that's all that you can expect.

Louis

#3 pvtires

pvtires
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

I'm sorry for how long it took for me to reply I was at work! Thank you so much for the reply! I'm glad to hear that I don't have to buy new ram because I don't feel like paying a restocking fee from newegg! Thank you for the information on how POST works!  :bananas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users