Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Green Like Barcodes At The Top Of Screen Freeze!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DreamerGal66

DreamerGal66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:43 AM

Hi there,

My computer works fine but when I go to log into live streaming BigBrother or a gaming site that's live and reels are spinning I get a green lines like a barcode across the top of the screen that totally freezes the computer which is frustrating!

Any answers,

Joanne

Edited by DreamerGal66, 10 May 2006 - 07:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:20 AM

Hi Joanne.
Assuming you're using WMP to view live streams, more often then not, it's your video drivers and\or DirectX issues that cause the green lines. You may be able to work around it by changing a couple settings.
In Windows Media Player for example, depending on the version, go to the Options dialog box and look for the video acceleration option on the Performance tab then disable it. Also, in some instances, clearing the "Start Player in Media Guide" check box on the Player tab of the Options dialog box sometimes works.
Without more specifics on your computers hardware and what player you're using to view streaming media, that's about all I can suggest at the moment.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:49 AM

The infamous double posting gremlin rears its ugly head again.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Twistshifter2

Twistshifter2

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:44 PM

Yeah buy a better computer or get windows xp :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool:
What It Do!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users