Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lpicom_6_0.dll error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suzine57

suzine57

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Background:  Running Win7

Virus Programs:  subscription to Trend Micro expired yesterday so removed it and updated Microsoft Windows Essential. Thought I'd use that while I decide about another paid subscription

Actions at Time of Error:  downloading/installing a new product called Bookkeeper (financial software from Avanquest)

Error:  after the installation completed, I got the following error message (may not be quite verbatim):

Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MySoftware\lpicom_6_0.dll failed to self-register

invalid access to memory location

My first attempt to Google "lpicom_6_0.dll" brought up a lot of web sites that offered tools for downloads to remove trojans and other viruses.  I didn't want to click on any of those.  Tried to find reference to lpicom_6_0.dll at Microsoft.com to no avail.  

I clicked on through the error, hoping that a failure to self-register (my new software...?) wasn't too bad.  

Question:  is this a virus?  Or is this a dll file that I need to do something to/for?  Per Windows Explorer, the file was last modified 11-06-09.  It's the largest file in that "MySoftware" folder by far, almost twice as large as the next file (1,064 KB...next one is 610 KB)....for what that's worth.

Any ideas appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Do you mean Microsoft Security Essentials? Windows Essentials doesn't have an antivirus.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Try uninstalling the program you installed...which resulted in the error.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users