Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop touchpad seizes and scrolls down automatically

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnhughes2013

johnhughes2013

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

my laptop was works fine but after a while it starts acting up. the cursor automatically scrolls down to the bottom of the page and refuses to scroll back up even when I try to do so (it sort of "snaps" back into place at the bottom of the page). the same problem exhibits even when i plug in an external mouse. i noticed when i press random keys i momentarily regain control. pls help me somebody!!!

i am running windows 8 version 2012. the laptop is a samsung laptop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

Bad driver.  Also do you have your laptop setup to disable the Touchpad, when you plug in a mouse, or is it still enabled while a mouse is plugged in?  Suggest uninstalling the Touchpad device, in Device Manager, then let Windows reinstall.  If it still exhibits the same behavior, then most likely the sensor pad is screwed up, and you may need to contact Samsung to have the unit serviced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users