Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dvd drive not working for my asus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ketanco

ketanco

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Hello

dvd drive not working for my asus a73s

i couldnt find what dvd model to buy to replace. i talked to asus and they dont know.

where can i find it?

also, say i find it, is this something i can replace at home just by removing the laptop back cover?

and if i dont find the exact model which generic dvd model would work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Open Device Manager

1. Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.

2. Click on the System and Security link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on Device Manager and then proceed to Step 4.

3. In the System and Security window, click on the Device Manager link located under the System heading.        

Look for your dvd drive...it may have a yellow exclamation point against it or a red cross......

Right click and delete it

Reboot your laptop.

working now ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users