Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have Spywarequake

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chade

Chade

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:12 AM

Hi all.

I have the spywarequake on my computer. In my system tray there is an icon for "virus alert" and it keeps popping up and telling me to download spywarequake...

But I cant find any folder for it, nor any files to rename!
I tried to remove it with instructions (manual and automatic a few times as shown on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47826/how-to-remove-spywarequaked-and-spywarequake-removal-instructions/ but any of the tools didint remove it and even in safe mode it's on!

I'm really in trouble and any help is much appreciated :)
Thx for reading.
Chade

here is my log for hijackthis
edit: removed after reading rules

Edited by Chade, 10 May 2006 - 04:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:28 AM

Just a shot in the dark here, but make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found HERE.

EDIT: LINK to HJT log.

You still have some bad entries on your log. Wait patiently until someone helps you in the HJT forum. It may take a few days, but they will help and get this straightened out for you. In the meantime, do not make changes to your computer as this will outdate your log, and do not make another post in the HJT forum as workers there look for UNanswered posts to help first.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 10 May 2006 - 06:31 AM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users