Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect 1 of my PCs to internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zoomzoomam

zoomzoomam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

As the title states, I hooked up my daughters desktop and it will not connect to the internet. Everything in the house has no issues, i.e...Xbox, tablets, phones, other computers...but hers will not. I tried updating drivers and that didnt fix it. I tried plugging in a D-Link wireless adapter and that will not pick up the wireless either. It wont pick up any wireless signal at all. Whereas all my other devices have my actual device to select as well as all the neighbors wireless devices that are in range. I have tried reseting router numerous times and even tried hooking up another wireless router. The other wireless router I can connect to as well with all other devices but her desktop doesnt even see it. I cleared her TCP/IP and I am at a huge loss of what to do to get it to connect. Her room is literally right next to the router that is located in the living room. So no more than 25-30 feet away. I am at a loss of why. The router is strong and I connect with my other desktop that is much older and across the house so dont understand. Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

What OS is on the PC? Did you look in device manager for yellow '!'  ? Has it ever worked? Is this a new PC?

If everything else works on your network I'd say it's OK and it's something on her PC.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 zoomzoomam

zoomzoomam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Yes it has worked before. We just moved into a our new house and it worked fine at the other place. I checked device manager and all drivers are up to date and no yellow !. I am sure its a problem with her PC just cant find what. Its not a new PC, maybe 3 years old. Just upgrade it as needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users