Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fischr

fischr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Dear Community,

I've had an issue with my microphone on my headset for more than 6 months.I've searched for the solution on many sites but I haven't found the same problem.

The problem is: When I try to use my microphone in Teamspeak or Skype It echoes back everything from the speakers of the headphones, makes strange noises that echoes,and my voice can't be heard.I tried to change settings inside Windows, I have Realtek HD Audio Manager driver up to date,I bought new headphones,new mainboard but those didn't solve my problem.Lately, I also experienced problems like the PC freeze randomly (mostly while listening to music on Internet) and have to restart it.Please if anyone knows the solution answer to me, and sorry for my poor english.Thank you!

Edited by fischr, 24 January 2014 - 05:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

On Listen tab of the microphone's properties is "Listen to this device" checked? You want it unchecked.

#3 fischr

fischr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

No, It is unchecked.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

While waiting for further suggestions from TsVk, are you connecting by wireless? I'm a bit linking your problem to a personal experience where a USB 3G modem have been consistent on these strange noises coming out of VOIP applications most likely to near signal interferences. If not, it could also be an enhancement settings/mix controls found for playback devices that needs to be toggled for Sound Properties or a driver update/reinstall.

Tekken

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

have you disabled all sound effects in the soundcard properties(enhancements tab)?

there is only one sound card enabled?

have you completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the soundcard?

does the problem happen on a different machine with the same headset?

it's a strange issue indeed.

#6 fischr

fischr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

1, I tried but didn't work.

2, Yes, It is built into the mainboard.

3, Once I made a complete reinstall of the computer, but didn't work.

4, When It was in the service, they didn't experience any problem, they said.

I'm not connecting by wireless.I also experienced that the people on Teamspeak hear only themselves, or the music I'm playing while I try to talk.It's like my headphones work as microphone or something

Edited by fischr, 25 January 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#7 fischr

fischr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Problem halfly solved: I bought a mono headset with microphone what just worked perfectly, so now I use the speakers from the headset and the microphone from the mono headset.It seems that the new headset what I just bought before was a piece of **** too.I'll try it out with an other headset later.Thank you guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users