Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Fan Going Bad?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gibsgoinpro

gibsgoinpro

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Hey folks,

I think I might have messed up. Not being very smart with computers, I turned the fan speed all the way to max and had left it there for months thinking that would be the best thing to keep my computer safe because I was playing really graphics intensive games. ONe day after putting my computer into sleep and leaving it there for hours, when I woke it up there was a really loud rattling and ever since one of the fans continues to make noises. Sometimes it's normal and other times it is not. My thinking is that because the setting change I made putting the fan to max was for the graphics card so the fan on the graphics card is whats going bad.

My card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti. If it is the fan on that card that is going bad, is there a way to replace the fan on it somehow or do you have to buy a brand new card? I really don't want to have to buy a brand new card over a fan. I would think a fan would be maybe $10-$20 but I know they are built into the card. Maybe there is a way to take apart the card or something. Anyone know?

What other fans are there it could be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ingaHar

ingaHar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Здравствуйте. Встречаемся с парнем почти 2 месяца. Вот-вот у него День Рождения. Хочется подарить что-то практичное. Может кто-то подскажет что-то актуальное на сегодняшний день? Заранее спасибо!

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Who made your card? You might get it repaired via warranty process.

#4 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Sounds like a bearing or mounting problem.  Sometimes the plastic casings break, and bearings will wear out if they're constantly used at max speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users