Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Monitor windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gpencook

gpencook

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Ok so I have 3 kids all boys. One of them the oldest got all his computer and video games taken away till the end of  the school year. Problem I am having is that I have a sneaking suspension he is using the computer when we are not around. I could put several accounts on and passwords for all the kids yada yada  but I know that wont work. One of the other kids will forget to log out etc. So I am looking for some sort of pc monitor to check up on the computers in the house. Can anyone help.

Thanks

Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1+1=11

1+1=11

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'm not a tech  but did find this in a  Google search ...   http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20118301-285/how-to-monitor-kids-online-and-computer-activity-in-windows/

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I've used products from Spectorsoft it can e-mail you everything, and I mean everything, that is happening on the machine.

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Teamviewer allows you to peak in anytime, to see what they are doing.  But really if you want to know what he is doing, just ask him for the computer, and go through his history and you can also go through the router logs.  You are the parent, you own him until he leaves your home.  If he does not want to comply, then unhook the computer from the router, and place a lock on the case, along with those ports like the USB & Ethernet, which you can purchase online, to keep him from attaching back to the wired network, or attempting to use a USB device to go online.

Also if you are wanting to be the parent, use Parental Controls or as it is now know on Windows 8, Family Safety.  Set him up under your account as a child.  You can also make him as a limited user, and you as the administrator, so that he cannot create any accounts, only you can.  If you really want to harden the system and the computer is not running Windows 8.1 Pro, I highly suggest purchasing a Pro license, so you can tighten the policies on the machine.

Your router log will tell you more then he realizes, in where he is going and what he is doing.  You can also roll your own router with either pfSense, Smoothwall, or use a Business or Enterprise router, that you can have better control, or use a router that you can load DD-WRT, OpenWRT or Tomato on.

I have an old buddy that owns a business that sells keyloggers, but they are mostly USB style, but he also has some "Man in the middle" type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users