Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HugofromPluto

HugofromPluto

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

So recently my laptop has been been giving me the blue screen. It'll either be randomly or after I wake it up from sleep. It'll give me a Kernel Data Inpage Error. It'll scan my drive and then restart. I'm running Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by HugofromPluto, 24 January 2014 - 08:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Is it a Dell?

I think you'll need to post a memory dump. How to do this.

#3 HugofromPluto

HugofromPluto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Its a Sony Vaio. What should I do?

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

Please give us the make and model. I have seen many new computers with problems waking from sleep after updating to 8.1. Most of the time it can be remedied by updating the drivers. You can find updated drivers from the maker's website.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

You can enter your model number here: http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER and get updated drivers.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#6 HugofromPluto

HugofromPluto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

My Model is SVF152190X. I entered it in the website zingo provided. How do I know which ones I need or need to update. Do I do all of them?

#7 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

You can go to device manager (windows key +s type device manager then hit enter) click the down arrow on something like display adapters, right click on the device and go to the driver tab, it will give you a date. If the date is older than the one shown, update it.

#8 HugofromPluto

HugofromPluto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

Ok. Doing that now. Also, I found this:

CRITICAL VAIO Update Software
Attention: If your compute currently has Windows 8 installed, this software must be installed first if you intend to upgrade to Windows 8.1

I upgraded to windows 8.1 without this. Do I need it? Can I just install it now?

#9 HugofromPluto

HugofromPluto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

I tried downloading the NVIDIA driver. I click on it to open it, it extracts, my screen flashes, and nothing. All other updates I have using vaio update.

#10 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

You can try to install that software maybe it will work. The other thing you can do while in device manager is right click on each device and do update and select web update or update automatically. It may find newer drivers automatically.

Edited by zingo156, 24 January 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#11 HugofromPluto

HugofromPluto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Ok. I right clicked and updated the drivers for my Intel® HD Graphics 4000. Anything else I could do or check? I will attempt the critical update right now.

#12 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

power management drivers are important, these usually come with the chipset drivers. You may have to download those from the website to install. Power management drivers can cause bsod when waking computers from sleep.

#13 HugofromPluto

HugofromPluto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

I dont see power management under device manager or on the website.

#14 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Usually power management is a part of the chipset drivers... Are there any drivers related to the chipset?

#15 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Audio1 file(s)Bluetooth® Wireless1 file(s)

Firmware1 file(s)
Memory Card Reader/Writer1 file(s)
Motherboard1 file(s)
VAIO Update1 file(s)
VAIO User Guide1 file(s)
Video3 file(s)
Wireless1 file(s)
Wireless LAN1 file(s)

I would update all of those above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users