Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

8.1 upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Buggerlugz

Buggerlugz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

I bought a second user laptop at the beginning of december it had win 8 pro installed and had been set to download automatically which it has been with no problems.I decided to get the 8.1 update but have not been able to, it says I have to go to the store to download it but cant find it there .Is there another way to get it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Redplauge

Redplauge

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

Make sure you do all the updates for windows, including the ones that say more information available in blue.  Once you have completed all those updates you can go to the store and 8.1 should be in a big purple box on the main screen.

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Did the original owner do a complete reinstall of the factory image?  If not, they may have left issues on that unit, before they gave it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users