Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All my documents and pictures hidden, applications are not opening...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#31 nandikonda

nandikonda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

Hi Gary,

Please find EST log in this reply:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Application Updater\temp\~wt8796.tmp a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Downloads\ccsetup409.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application
C:\plsql developer\winrar\WinZip170.exe a variant of Win32/OpenInstall potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\asc6_setup_v5tov6-0306.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6\Toolbar\iobitappsToolbar-stub-1.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Rider\Downloads\cbsidlm-cbsi134-Free_Youtube_Downloader-ORG-75450165.exe a variant of Win32/CNETInstaller.B potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\SKReddy\Downloads\ccsetup410.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\AppData\Local\Temp\~sp6DC2.tmp probably a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\AppData\Local\Temp\nsb7CAF.tmp\SDSPlugin.dll probably a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\Downloads\cbsidlm-cbsi5_4_0_104-Advanced_SystemCare-BP-10407614 (1).exe a variant of Win32/CNETInstaller.B potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\Downloads\cbsidlm-cbsi5_4_0_104-Advanced_SystemCare-BP-10407614.exe a variant of Win32/CNETInstaller.B potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\Downloads\DM-244(1).zip Win32/HotSpotShield potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\Downloads\DM-244.zip Win32/HotSpotShield potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\Downloads\your_file_downloader.exe Win32/Adware.MediaFinder application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Suman\Downloads\FFSetup270\FFSetup270.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined
C:\Windows\Installer\MSI1777.tmp probably a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Application Updater\temp\~wt8796.tmp a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Downloads\ccsetup409.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined
Q:\SUMAN-THINK\Backup Set 2012-03-02 002221\Backup Files 2012-03-02 002221\Backup files 4.zip a variant of Win32/OpenCandy.A potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined
Q:\SUMAN-THINK\Backup Set 2012-03-02 002221\Backup Files 2012-03-11 203048\Backup files 3.zip a variant of Win32/ELEX potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
Q:\SUMAN-THINK\Backup Set 2012-03-02 002221\Backup Files 2012-03-11 203048\Backup files 4.zip Win32/OpenCandy potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined
Q:\SUMAN-THINK\Backup Set 2012-03-02 002221\Backup Files 2012-03-11 203048\Backup files 6.zip a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask potentially unsafe application deleted - quarantined

Thanks,
Suman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 nandikonda

nandikonda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

Hi Gary,

Please find Security Check Log:

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.79  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is disabled!)  
 Internet Explorer 11  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
Kaspersky Internet Security   
 Antivirus up to date!   
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
 McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300  
 Java 7 Update 45  
 Java version out of Date! 
  Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.70 Flash Player out of Date!  
 Adobe Reader 10.1.9 Adobe Reader out of Date!  
 Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1 Firefox out of Date!  
 Google Chrome 32.0.1700.107  
 Google Chrome 33.0.1750.117  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security 14.0.0 avp.exe  
 Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security 14.0.0 avpui.exe  
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0% 
````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

Thanks,
Suman

#33 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 38,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

Thanks Suman,

Although there are numerous entries there they are all annoyances rather than anything to be concerned about.

We need to update several programs to close potential security vulnerabilities.

Please do these things for me.

===================================================

Update Java

-------------------

Important Note: Your version of Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.Please follow these steps to update Java and remove any existing older versions:
  • Click here to evaluate your current version of Java
  • Click Free Java Download
  • Click the Agree and Start Free Download
  • Save jxpiinstall.exe to your desktop
  • Double click the icon then click Run
  • Click Install
  • Uncheck Install the Ask Toolbar and make Ask my default search provider
  • Click Next
  • You should be notified You have successfully installed Java
Go to StartBtn.gif > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7 and remove all older versions of Java.
  • In addition, check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications but it's not necessary.

To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it:
  • Click Start, Control Panel, Java, then Advanced
  • Scroll down to Miscellaneous then uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.
  • Click OK and reboot your computer.

Update Adobe Flash Player

--------------------

Please update your Adobe Flash Player to the latest version
  • Download Adobe Flash Player here and save it to your desktop. Uncheck "Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional"
  • Close any open browsers
  • Double click on the adobeflashplayer.jpg icon to launch the installation
  • If you are presented with a warning popup select "Run"
  • Once the installation is complete click "Finish"

Update Adobe Reader

--------------------

Your Adobe Reader is out of date and a security concern. Here is some excellent information and a video which explains the importance of minimizing the risk of infection through compromised PDF files.

Adobe Reader Update
  • Please download Adobe Reader
  • After installing the latest Adobe Reader, uninstall all previous versions through Add/Remove Programs.
  • If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed Uncheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition

Firefox Update

--------------------

I recommend you consider updating Firefox to the newest version. If you desire to do so please click this link to begin the process.

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. :thumbsup2:
  • Did the updates go well?
  • How is your computer running, any issues?

Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#34 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,193 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi Suman,

How are we doing with the final steps?

Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#35 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,193 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hi Suman,

3 Day Bump

It has been more than 3 days since my last post.
  • Do you still need help with this?
  • If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed.

Gary

#36 nandikonda

nandikonda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

HI Gary,

Sorry I was out of town(as my job is like that). I will follow your action plan and update all required software and will let you know.

Thanks,

Suman

#37 nandikonda

nandikonda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi Gary,

I have updated all required s/w and removed unnecessary one.

I guess now the system is fine, do I need to run anything and send logs?

Thanks a lot for your support,time,suggestions and patience to resolve my issue. I really appreciate it

Regards,

suman

#38 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,193 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Greetings Suman,

There is nothing left to do.  I think we are all set.

Now that your computer is running well it is my great pleasure to proclaim to you the Good News!

All Clean

--------------

Your machine appears to be clean. You can remove any of the programs or logs on your system as a result of our efforts together.  Please take the time to read below on how to secure the machine and take the necessary steps to keep it clean :thumbsup:

Lawrence Abrams, the founder of BleepingComputer.com, has developed an excellent tutorial which will provide you with the information you need to know to keep your computer secure and clean. Please take the time to read:In addition, here are some more links you might find of interest:I will leave this topic open for just a couple of days in case you have any further issues then it will be closed shortly thereafter.

Thank you for placing your trust in BleepingComputer. It was a pleasure serving you. OhMy_done.gif
Gary

#39 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 38,193 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users