Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screening during shutdown

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steven963

Steven963

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Hello, I've had my computer for about a year now and just recently it started to "Blue screen of death" whenever I pressed the shutdown option in the start menu. This is the only time it happens and it doesn't seem random. Everytime I press that button the computer instantly blue screens. If theres anyone out there that can help me figure out whats causing this and perhaps a way to fix it that'd be great. Note I attempted to do a system recovery but it told me I had no saves so I suppose that's out of the question. 

Edited by Steven963, 24 January 2014 - 03:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Steven963

Steven963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

Also I don't have premission to post my minidump files on here for some reason and I can't seem to open them. So any help with this issue would be awesome.

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

:welcome: to the forum mate.

Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Upload the actual crash dump files.

You will find the crash dump files inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. To copy the dumps, disable "User Account Control" first. Otherwise you may receive a permission error. After disabling UAC, copy and zip all the dumps and create an archive. Either attach the zip with next reply using "More reply options --> Attach files" or use a free file hosting site. 

:step2: Publish a snapshot of your system using Speccy.

"Speccy" is a free tool which can list the hardware specs, temperature status, installed Windows updates, HDD SMART info etc of your system. Please read the below tutorial to know how to use "Speccy" to collect system info.

Don't paste the output displayed by "Speccy" here. Instead paste the web link it displays.

:step3: Minitoolbox log.

"Minitoolbox" can list all the installed programs as well as event log errors in your system. Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

List last 10 Event viewer errors
List installed program
List users, partition and memory size
List Minidumps

Now click "Go" and post the output displayed in next reply.

#4 Steven963

Steven963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Hey thank you, I as I was going through this process I actually figured out what was going on. I had two unknown drivers, (Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller) that had yellow ! next to them. I attempted to update them however it said it couldn't find the drivers. I just disabled them and the blue screening stopped. However if you've any idea what this driver does or how I can update/find the drivers for it that'd be awesome! Just let me know what info you need about my system and I'll post it on here.

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Hi

I had two unknown drivers, (Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller) that had yellow ! next to them

Probably those are USB 3.0 controllers. First uninstall any USB 3.0 driver from Control Panel --> Programs. After rebooting, download and install the latest USB 3.0 driver from your models's product support page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users