Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows vista infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spike27

spike27

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

When booting into my vista windows laptop this morning I received a full page message that stated the following:"your work on this computer is suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the united states of America".The mssage listes a series of 'violations' that I had committed such as copyright infringement and other similar infractions.They wanted 300 dollars deposited in a paypal like account they would provide or I would lose all data on the harddrive.I cannot boot into safe mode or access any tools such as system restore on my pc.How should I approach this issue.Any help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Hello spike -

"The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the United States of America. Possible violations ..."

Please read and try the methods given HERE
This is a Bleeping Computer  DIY guide. If you wish for more help, just ask -

Also, is your other topic "most likely" related (same computer), as I will get it closed and stay here -

If it is another computer, please tell us now -

Thank you -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users