Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello! from The Redneck Hippie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Redneck Hippie

The Redneck Hippie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hello, everyone!  My real name is Linda and I'm very glad to be here.  I'm not a neophyte when it comes to computers, but I'm not that tech-savvy either: I know enough to be dangerous if I didn't know it's best to ask questions before you start mucking around with your computer.  

Hence why I'm here - to learn about my new toy, a Lenovo Miix 2 8" tablet.  I LOVE this thing, and am getting over my resistance to learning Windows 8 (I'm getting used to it and actually liking it).

The "redneck" part: I live on a farm just west of Austin, Texas, where I grew up being taught all those old-time farming skills like gardening, canning, keeping chickens, milking a cow, and butchering your own food.  I'm kept company by my three dogs, chickens, horses, and one Longhorn heifer named Pork Chop (with a name like that, you know what she's destined for), and am kept busy by my 3000 square foot vegetable garden and other food-growing-and-raising pursuits.

The "hippie part: I work at the Natural Gardener, an organic-only garden center.  I do various things there, but mostly staff the info desk where I diagnose gardening problems, teach new gardeners how to grow their own food organically, and generally spread the word when applicable about the dangers of conventional farming and fake food.  I'm also the maintenance person, doing minor plumbing, construction, and general fix-it things like making leaky kitchen sinks not leak and changing lightbulbs.  (I. Am. The. Toilet. Whisperer.)  I also teach preschoolers gardening, and dearly love blowing their little four-year-old minds by telling them broccoli is a flower and popcorn is a seed.  

So, if anyone ever has any gardening or livestock questions, plumbing problems, dog training issues, or wants to put a window in a wall where there is not one, hit me up.  I'd love to return the favor for all the advice I know I'll be getting here.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

:welcome: welcome to BC!

Your story looks interesting!

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

#4 The Redneck Hippie

The Redneck Hippie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Thanks, Sirawit and GB2064!  Yeah, my life's been pretty interesting.  I sure haven't been bored. :grinner:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users