Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Shuts Off On Boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mred27

mred27

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

My laptop shutdown unexpectedly after I downloaded an MP3 but didn't open it. The laptop was sitting on a flat surface so I thought perhaps it overheated because it has shut down before when it got hot. It has cooled down now but still shuts down when I get to the Windows Welcome Screen. It won't boot into Windows 7 Home Premium. I did get the system repair option which I tried but it shut off during that too. I have Trend Micro Clean Boot but that only runs for about a minute before it shuts off. The highest I got was 22 %. Same thing for safe mode, safe mode with networking and the bios screen.

Just got this laptop from my son when he got a new one. It has an issue with the fan making noise he says is from when he hit the spacebar too hard. It was kind of noisy last week so I thought either the hard drive was going or the fan. The sound has subsided.

I don't have a Sony Vaio rescue disk but do have a complete backup via Drive Image XML but no boot disk.

The laptop has slowed down in the last day or so and Trend Micro's coreserviceshell.exe was sucking up most of my CPU so I was troubleshooting that and turned off Windows Defender but didn't restart.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mred27

mred27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

After it cooled down, it booted into windows. You can close this thread. Thx.

#3 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users