Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

converting media file to url

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

I'm looking to take a video I opened with VLC player and convert it to a URL so I can send it to people in my business. It is a video my company has made but is far superior to the one they have replaced it with. I was able to get this one off Utube and remove all the hype below the video with a Firefox plug in,  Now I can play the video but have no idea how to convert it to a url so I can send it out to my colleagues. It's in my downloads folder in Vista and I'm not used to Vista as I've been using XP for years. In fact, I can't even find a way to see the exact file name in Vista so I can save it somewhere I want in vista aside from the downloads folder I see no way to save it either.

I assume there's a simple way of saving an MP4 file like this one and then converting it to a URL but I don't have a clue how to do this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

I should have mentioned that I have been using xp on another computer and only starting using this computer that operates with Vista. It might have appeared that I had both operating systems on one computer but that's not the case.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

a URL is an address on the internet, for a file stored on a server that is available externally.

Unless you run a server, you need to load the file somewhere so others can access it. File transfer sites are abundant these days. www.fileover.net is a great free one. It will generate a URL that you can forward to colleagues, after you load your file.

#4 DogToY

DogToY

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

Did some browsing on your behalf and found this link. Hope it helps:

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Modules/http_intf/

I'm new to BleepingComputer, a computer novice & hope this doesn't breach forum etiquette.

"Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be very selective about who it decides to make friends with."   Unknown Author

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users