Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - Cant figure it out-

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mhooper2

mhooper2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Here is the crash data files-

https://app.box.com/s/757phu36dznlv3jj22u6

Speccy- http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hHKea8T3V7jni38JGRsX5NY

I have tried to narrow it down- 

ntoskrnl.exe seems to be the issue.

I have ran stress test- prime95 Furmark etc and cant get the results to repeat.

It crashes during use of FFIV ARR

thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

:welcome: to the forum mate.

Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR error is what you are experiencing. This is a hardware related stop code and can be caused by Overclocking, Overheating, filing CPU/MoBo , BIOS bugs etc. The Speccy snapshot you published shows your CPU is highly overheating and it could be the reason behind the blue screens.

CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T: 85 °C
Thuban 45nm Technology

Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Clean system interior properly.

Refer the below guide to do it safely and properly.

Make sure to thoroughly clean any dusts accumulated on components, CPU fan fins, vents etc.

:step2: Verify the CPU fan is actually spinning.

Some faulty fans may stop spinning after a couple of seconds or spins very slowly. So verify the fan is in good condition. If there are no extra fans in the system, please it is the time to add some.

:step3: Reapply CPU thermal compound.

Old thermal compound should be removed fully and a high quality one like Arctic Silver should be applied.

How to properly apply the thermal compound :

You can use "Speccy" from Windows to monitor the temperature. It should be stable around 50 c under idle condition.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 22 January 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#3 mhooper2

mhooper2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

:welcome: to the forum mate.

Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR error is what you are experiencing. This is a hardware related stop code and can be caused by Overclocking, Overheating, filing CPU/MoBo , BIOS bugs etc. The Speccy snapshot you published shows your CPU is highly overheating and it could be the reason behind the blue screens.

CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T: 85 °C
Thuban 45nm Technology

You can use "Speccy" from Windows to monitor the temperature. It should be stable around 50 c under idle condition.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the reply- I just got done running multiple performance stress test. I will check on the fan under extreme load. It sits at 40 and has been with quite a few normal programs open including chrome. I also took down the over clocking as well as cleaned up the case (wasnt that dirty as I typically do it once a month). I will also add some new thermal paste as its never a bad thing and hasnt been done in over 6 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users