Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with problem getting on the web.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rosalund

Rosalund

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.  I am new to this and just joined.  My problem is I just used AVG 2014 the 30 day trial one as I downloaded it today and scanned my computer.  It found 7 generic adware  and removed them.     

I was on the web browsing things till the scan was about 80% done and got off my computer for a time.   When I came back the scan was almost done and when it was done it told me about the adware  

I then used the PC analyzer and ran it once it said for free.  It found some registry problems and went/or tried to get on the web to correct them.   However my computer would not/and will  not go on the web, but it says I am connected.    

So any help as to how to fix this as I do believe AVG caused this in some way.  

By the way I have windows 7.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Have you tried using System Restore to return to a previous state before the problems began?

There have been numerous reported problems with computers after using features like PC Analyzer and PC Tuneup which purport to fix registry errors in order to make the system more stable and various optimizing tools which can make changes to system settings.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.
Please read: Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

If system restore does not help and unless there is an undo feature, I suggest contacting:
AVG Free Support
AVG Support for Personal Products
AVG Technical Support
AVG Support Community Forums
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 AV4Me

AV4Me

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Have you tried using the ping command to see if your ping's are successfully reaching the internet? This would help identify if the issue is with your browser or with your connection to the internet. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users