Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet wireless connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rcnstoker

Rcnstoker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Had no problems accessing wireless hot spot for 3 months - Now it says that I am connected but I receive an error message stating that

"The remote device or resource won't accept the connection detected".  I am receiving an 80% signal and link connectivity but can not access the internet.  I go to another site with a much lower signal and link connectivity percentage and have no problem connecting with the internet. lost - don't know what to do - download and upload speeds on the connected site are very slow. I am a snowbird - down from the cold north for the winter - any help would be greatly appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

First, do you have permission to use this hot spot?  Second is this a pay to use type Hot Spot, or open to everyone?  Need more information as to the name of the provider that owns this Hot spot (ie ATT, Boingo, etc.).  Have you tried contacting the IT helpline that is for this Hot Spot, to work with them regarding why your computer cannot connect.

There is not much we can do to help you, other then point you in the right direction.  I would first try contacting whoever owns or maintains this hot spot setup where you are, and work with them, regarding the error that you are getting.

That error is due to either they may have "Blacklisted" your MAC of your computer, or they have changed their setup since the last time you used it, or they are just having issues caused by someone not maintaining the network, and have let it go down.

Edited by Greg62702, 22 January 2014 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users