Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

touchpad and chrome still disabled after spyware removed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wheelerscloud

wheelerscloud

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

hello, I recently picked up some spyware from a document masquerading as a PDF. Using a full scan with Malwarebytes, I've removed it. However, the effects it created (the touchpad is totally nonresponsive and the chrome browser is will not start) have persisted. Also the little yellow light above the touchpad is on.

Using a usb-mouse works. Also I've run an Avast antivirus full scan and cleaned out my cache with ccCleaner. Assuming the spyware was sucessfully removed as Malwarebytes says, perhaps some settings were re-configured within the machine.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this? Thanks!

Greg

Edited by hamluis, 23 January 2014 - 10:42 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users