Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

very odd "software" in registry アプリケーション .....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chela236

chela236

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hi - I just posted this in the Win7 forum and it was suggested I post here.

I am not having a problem (that I am aware of at least) but while I was looking for something in registry I happened to find this and do not recall ever seeing it before - any idea what the heck it is???

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ƒAƒvƒŠƒP[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“ ƒEƒBƒU[ƒh‚Ŷ¬‚³‚ꂽƒ[ƒJƒ‹ ƒAƒvƒŠƒP[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“

It has a folder Manual with sub-folder Settings; both contain same info...

Name: (Default) 

Type: REG_SZ 

Data: (value not set)

I run scans (SEP) weekly with no problems.  Not sure if this is helpful, but the most recent software that I have added has been adobe creative cloud trials.  I do not use the cloud for anything else and I am careful on where I go, what I open, plugins, privacy, etc.  I try very hard to keep my computer safe.  :-/

Windows 7 Pro

Dell Workstation

32 bit

Please let me know what/if other info you may need to help me figure this out.  Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chela236

chela236
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Anyone?  No idea or have questions for me?  Apparently someone else had this problem but don;t know what ever happened to him  :-/

Maybe I will just set a restore point, then delete it and see what happens...

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Are you using EasyConfig,some software packages that use obfuscation to hide or otherwise protect their program.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

The word obfuscate means to make obscure, unclear, alter or modify. This means something is hiding an entry it made by converting the values into a form only it understands/recognizes such as adding entries into the registry in Hexadecimal or special character format. Both legitimate programmers and malware writers have been known to deliberately obfuscate code to conceal its true intention.

In software development, obfuscation is the deliberate act of creating obfuscated code, i.e. source or machine code that is difficult for humans to understand. Programmers may deliberately obfuscate code to conceal its purpose (security through obscurity) or its logic, in order to prevent tampering, deter reverse engineering, or as a puzzle or recreational challenge for someone reading the source code.

Obfuscation (software)

Obfuscation (in the context of software) is a technique that makes binary and textual data unreadable and/or hard to understand. Software developers sometimes employ obfuscation techniques because they don’t want their programs being reverse-engineered or pirated.

Obfuscation: Malware’s best friend

Reverse engineering of software is the process of recovering higher-level structure and meaning from a lowerlevel program representation. It can be used for legitimate purposes — e.g., to recover source code that has been lost — but it is often used for nefarious purposes, e.g., to search for security vulnerabilities in binaries or to steal intellectual property.

Binary Obfuscation Using Signals

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users