Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malwarebytes or Spybot?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JSTJ704

JSTJ704

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Malwarebytes didn't find anything but Spybot found a torgan and fixed it and other problams too. Whats the best malware spyware program out there paid with free trial or free?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

No single product is 100% foolproof and can prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time.

See the suggestions in this topic: Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools

mvps.org is no longer recommending Spybot S&D (or Ad-Aware) due to poor testing results. See here - (scroll down and read under Freeware Antispyware Products). Further, most people don't understand how to use Spybot's TeaTimer and that feature can cause more problems than it's worth. TeaTimer monitors changes to certain critical keys in Windows registry but does not indicate if the change is normal or a modification made by a malware infection. The user must have an understanding of the registry and how TeaTimer works in order to make informed decisions to allow or deny the detected changes. If you don't have understanding how a particular security tool works, then you probably should not be using it. Additionally, TeaTimer may conflict with other security tools which do a much better job of protecting your computer and in some cases it will even prevent disinfection of malware by those tools.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Thank a lot I' am new to this high security protection. I did remove spybot. I found there's between malware spyware, virus and trogan Etc on here. This is a great site!!! Awsome info and help on here A+ Bleeping computer. For my protection I have kesparsky pure 3.0,superantispyware,Malwarebyes. Should I add some type of  Ad-ware? I want full protection. I think in todays internet you can never have anuff protection

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

For a list of other recommended security tools (i.e SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol) and resources, please refer to:
* Bleeping Computer's Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
* Bleeping Computer's List of Antivirus, Antimalware, And Antispyware Resources

#5 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Thanks

#6 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

I noticed with superantispyware all it finds is tracking cookies I'am gonna try spyware Blaster see how it is.

Edited by JSTJ704, 22 January 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#7 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

I notied spyware blaster is kinda just protection. Superantispyware give a free trial gonna use.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

SUPERAntiSpyware will scan for cookies if you have it configured to do so and may show them as threat detections. There is no need to do this. Cookies are NOT a "threat". As text files, cookies are inherently harmless and cannot be executed to cause any damage. Cookies do not cause any pop ups or install malware and they cannot erase or read information from a computer.

As long as you surf the Internet, you are going to get cookies and some of your security programs will flag them for removal. You can ignore scanning for cookies by changing the settings. To do that, launch SUPERAntiSpyware.
1. Click System Tools & Program Settings.
2. Click Preferences.
3. Under Scanning Control/Options, uncheck the box Scan for tracking cookies.
4. Click the Back button on the bottom, then click Home to return to the Main Menu and then select Scan your Computer...

SpywareBlaster is a program that restricts the actions of potentially dangerous sites by adding a list of sites and domains associated with known spyware, advertisers and marketers to the browser's "Restricted Sites Zone". SpywareBlaster prevents the installation of ActiveX-based malware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software and blocks tracking cookies. SpywareBlaster also includes the ability to keep encrypted backup copies of the Hosts file so if its altered by malware infection, you can easily restore a good backup copy.

Unlike many other security tools, SpywareBlaster is not intrusive as it does not run in the background...it focuses on prevention and passive protection without utilizing unnecessary running processes or consuming system (CPU, memory) resources. The program only requires installation and then enabling of all protection. After that you only have to check periodically for database updates using the built-in "Check for Updates" feature and then enable all protection again. Since SpywareBlaster does not use a real-time protection module, it supplements your existing security software without causing any conflicts. SpywareBlaster can be used with Internet Explorer and any browsers that use the Internet Explorer engine such as AOL web browser, Avant Browser, Slim Browser and Maxthon (formerly MyIE2). It also provides protection for Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Seamonkey, and Flock.

How does SpywareBlaster actually work? It adds sites to the restricted zones by adding the domain as a subkey under the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains. A dword is then added to that domain named * and given a hex value of 4 to specify that it is part of the Restricted Sites Zone. More specifically, Spywareblaster sets the "killbit" on the CLSID (Class ID) of known spyware. Every program has a CLSID that is unique to the type of program. Once Spywareblaster enables (writes) those killbits they are "locked in" and any identified spyware cannot be opened. Spywareblaster writes these killbits in and then stays off until you need to re-write them again with an update. Why is all this important? Some types of malware are known to alter Trusted Zones, Ranges and ProtocolDefaults set for a browser.

For more information, see:BrightFort also provides a variety of articles relating to SpywareBlaster, information about AutoUpdate, Troubleshooting and Tools (which explains the HOSTS file). For any issues or information not addressed, users can also check at the Official BrightFort Forum. Information about updates and news can be found at the BrightFort which also provides links to the the online forum and Knowledgebase.

If you're not sure how to use SpywareBlaster, please refer to the How to use SpywareBlaster to protect your computer tutorial. In addition to explaining how to use the tool, the tutorial covers other built-in tools and features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users