Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STRANGE PROBLEM , HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sraw

sraw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

hi,

i got a very awkward problem in my pc ...whenever i boots it starts ok , but as soon as i open any program(like chrome, ms office, my usb modem) it starts to hang a bit ...opens the program but with it help manual of the program also opens .....after that it completely hangs my system and i can't click anything only that help program comes in front ......closing it will again open help manual screen of the program repeatedly. Even chrome also shows chromehelp.com\ctx=keyboard sort of tab and then completely hangs. 
but this doesn't occur everytime, after rebooting system for 4-5 times back to back, the problem seems to be gone ....and everything works fine but next time when i open my system same problem occurs.

avast  free anti virus also in boot time scan haven't found any thing wrong or malicious. 
i have gone for searching solutions and i found someplaces recommending correcting registry entry for xp sp3 with Helpctr binaries but that is not a problem with my system.
please urgently help.....greatly appreciated.
thanx in advance.......

Edited by hamluis, 22 January 2014 - 07:45 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users