Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Coinminer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RockVacirca

RockVacirca

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Hi,

I was doing my weekly full system scan yesterday, using Avast, Malwarebytes and Super Anti-Spyware, when two instances of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Coinminer were found by SAS (but not by Avast or Malwarebytes). This trojan is described as an alias of the Trojan.Lickore.B on the www.spywareremove.com website.

The location was in two files of some freeware I downloaded recently, 'Advanced Bat to Exe converter'. I normally scan any downloads with Avast and Malwarebytes before allowing an installation (I do not usually scan with SAS as well). The home website of the freeware, www.battoexeconverter.com/‎ is given a green tick by Avast, and the software is also available through CNET, which certifies it as virus and malware-free.

Is this real detection, or a false positive?

Cheers

Rock

Edited by RockVacirca, 22 January 2014 - 04:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DASOS

DASOS

Malware hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 1,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hi Rock

maybe a false positive

Take a look what the developer/s says about that:
Read the comments
http://4sysops.com/archives/free-bat-to-exe-converter-4-ways-to-convert-a-batch-file-to-an-exe-file/

After that
We can check your comp if you still think that you have a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users