Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All my documents and Pictures are hidden...try all means but nothing help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nandikonda

nandikonda

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Hi,

I know my system infected with virus or adware or spyware. All of sudden my desktop changed all files and documents were msiing and desktop also changed.

I have gone through this forum and tried all the means( installed malware bytes, adware cleaner, spyware removal) and making Attributes ad unhidden and still I am having the issue. I tried unhide.exe but it is not working my system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387625/all-of-my-documents-pictures-and-downloads-are-missing/

and other topics also followed.

I also tried to boot form USB by following

http://forums.avg.com/in-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=235354

but my system is not bale to recognize USB and not loading.

Please help me

Thanks,

Suman

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 January 2014 - 12:57 PM.
moved from Windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

Try using a Linux Live CD like Xubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bit. It will allow you to go into the drive that Windows is on, then go into the Users folder, that the documents should be in.

Some malware will hide stuff like this, some will actually erase it, along with certain clean-up programs, if you are not careful.

#3 nandikonda

nandikonda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the reply Greg, I am able to see the documents and pics in grayed or shaded like files.so I am fine with out Linux CD. I have observers that my user profile is also hidden and new Temp profile is created and when ever I login it is going to that Temp profile.
I tried to use system restore but it didnt complete and told me to disable my avg antivirus program .I will try that but I don't think this will help? Do u think it will help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users