Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent Connection (but once streaming starts it keeps working)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ncc1703

ncc1703

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Thank you for reading this and for any help you might be able to offer.

My problem:

• Web browsing is dropping regulalry every few minutes (or maybe less). It comes back quickly, so that if I keep hitting "Try again" or refresh, eventually the page will come up. I've tried multiple browsers, but the same issue arises.
  • Interestingly, although I have problems getting a stream if it drops while I'm trying to load initially, once something starts streaming (e.g. Netflix) it seems to keep running without a hitch.
  • I started experiencing these issues a couple of weeks ago, and cannot identify anything that would have started causing it (e.g. my antivirus software has been the same the whole time.) But maybe there is something that updated that I should investigate?

My system and setup:

• I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
  • Toshiba Satellite P770, INtel Core processor, 64-bit OS
  • Running Microsoft Security Essentials

What I've already tried:

• I've been on the phone multiple times with Comcast, and everything on their end (they tell me) looks good.
  • I've reset the cable modem multiple times, and swapped out cords. (I am plugged into the router, which is attached to the cable modem).

Any thoughts are very much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users