Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to use application "Driver Fusion" (Driver Sweeper)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SummerRayz

SummerRayz

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

I have downloaded Driver Fusion from this site and read its description.  I'm not sure when to use it. Before or after I install a new printer driver?  How do I designate the older driver so Driver Fusion can remove it?  I don't know what it's called.  From what I understand the new driver may conflict with the old driver so I'm guessing it should be installed after the old driver is erased.  It would be great if this tool had a tutorial.  Anyway, thanks for your input.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

Driver Fusion does have a manual. Go to the FAQ's to  "Is there a Driver Fusion manual?"

Yes, you can find the manual in the Windows start menu, in the Driver Fusion installation folder itself, or download it from the site under guides at the download page here. The manual is a PDF file and can be viewed with any PDF reader

http://treexy.com/support/faq/driver-fusion-faq#Is-there-a-manual

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

What driver are you trying to remove?

#4 SummerRayz

SummerRayz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Bleepin:

I believe I need an updated printer driver from Epson.  The printer wasn't set up for Wi-Fi in the beginning so I hope to correct that AND get the updated driver during the reinstall. 

Also I've been looking for a free driver manager utility, but advice has been to download directly from the  manufacturer.  A driver manager would save me time by making driver updates a simpler process.  I'm also not that pc savvy.  From the way things are going, I'd probably have to end up paying for a good utility.  And lastly, I asked about the Driver Fusion (Driver Sweeper) because it sounded like a good tool: cleaning up the old driver clutter so updates run cleanly.  I'm surprised Driver Fusion needs a manual.  Hope it's not a deep learning curve. 

Edited by SummerRayz, 23 January 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

What is the model number of your Epson printer? Usually when you download the drivers the manufacture will have a process to clean out older printer files and reinstall fresh.

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

It sounds like you want to update your Epson printer to work wirelessly

Please do let us know the model number as cryptodan has requested

I'm under the impression that even if you use Driver Fusion and/or a driver manager utility (paid or unpaid) I suspect you will still need to find the correct driver to update to from Epson before either program knows what driver to maintain

--- And I believe cryptodan's explanation of cleaning out older printer files and a fresh install to be true

--- I don't know whether or not Driver Fusion has a steep learning curve but please read on

Your concern is "From what I understand the new driver may conflict with the old driver so I'm guessing it should be installed after the old driver is erased"

--- In my experience, I haven't had to erase an old driver when updating to drivers on any printer

#7 SummerRayz

SummerRayz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Sorry about being slow getting back here.  I have an Epson Small-in-One XP-410.  I dunno about the Fusion tool.  I think the simpler way to go is with Cryptodan's advice:

"Usually when you download the drivers the manufacture will have a process to clean out older printer files and reinstall fresh."

Thank you for relaying your experience :rolleyes: .

#8 tazmo8448

tazmo8448

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

Just a note for reference there is no manual in the directory folder (just looked) and the above link's site gives a 'page not found' and for me I couldn't locate one in the Windows Start Menu either they just listed tweet and facebook pages. Curious myself on this thing as I was going to use it as a drive sweeper but all it seems to what to do is run and point to all my drivers and tell me which ones are up to date and which ones aren't and recommendations to newer ones.

Here's a link that is somewhat of a manual on their site:

http://treexy.com/support/manuals/driver-fusion/driver-family/

Edited by tazmo8448, 26 December 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#9 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

tazmo8448, good catch. I don't recall what that link looked like back in January but as far as today goes; it does exactly what you found. Myself I'm not in favor of driver utilities programs as fortunately I've been able to fix what supposedly were driver issues on peoples computers. What I have done a few times is view what a driver utility's recommendations are but then match them up with what the correct action was to take on the circumstance involved. Can you post your specific needs and why?

#10 tazmo8448

tazmo8448

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

@cmptrgy yes I agree with you on driver utilities. I ran into some issues doing a gfx card (amd) update and was mulling over the different utilities, saw this post and tried using some of the links and advice, ergo the response. me i didn't think too much of driver fusion, as it didn't list half the stuff i have, now if i were the owner it might be a different story  :>} looking for Driver Sweeper i ended up with DDU (display driver uninstaller) as it has taken over that on 3dguru i believe the name is. i was more interested in scrubbing all the old registry files out due to the fact of past updates not removing them all, i still ended up going into registry edit and doing a manual scrub anyway to make sure along with directory searches. for some reason i ran into an issue using amd's catalyst install/uninstall when it asked for a restart without thinking i booted to safe mode and it somehow knocked out one of my usb window32 files therefore rendering all my usb ports unuseable. btw sfc/scannow was useless. i even posted a question to that effect on this site but luckily found a workaround without doing a repair install or recovery or fresh os install. prior to the gfx update i was getting an occasional stop code error that all roads pointed to a video issue and they are vague to say the least, by that i mean trying to cypher out what exactly it is causing the issue as it never specifically pointed to anything in the parameter numbers i kept getting IT MAY BE this or that. BlueScreenView really didn't help (me that is) point out what exactly it was and being no IT guru was left fumbling in the dark scratching my head so I just did a display driver scrub and hoped for the best.

Edited by tazmo8448, 27 December 2014 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users