Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

My Tower Is Not Recognizing The Monitor, Mouse, or Keyboard.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nothingisthelimit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hello, my name is Madi.

Move this thread if needed, I couldn't find a more appropriate one and I'm sorry.

Okay so this is all the information I can provide, and ask any questions if you need more.

My first mistake starts here: I bought and iBuyPower Desktop through Bestbuy.

When did I buy it and receive it? January of 2013.

When did the issues start? August of 2013.

And to be honest, my computer hasn't worked since.

I have a 3 year warrenty on it, buy why don't I just bring it into Bestbuy and get it fixed?

I'm 17 years old, I can't drive, and all the papers are in my mum's name and she refuses to take it in. My father even offered (she used his money) but still refused.

What's happened:

-I would turn my power on, and the fans whir and I can hear the water cooling working. No beeps happen, and it looks like it's functioning properly.

-My monitor, mouse, and keyboard stay in sleep mode. I do use the three on my current laptop, so they aren't a problem as far as I know. I use USB Razor Deathadder mouse, the iBuyPower USB Keyboard that came with my tower, and the Dell S2440L.

-I've plugged my power (of the PC) into three different outlets, and still no change.

I'm no computer whiz, and my boyfriend tried fixing the wiring (which was poorly done) and still nothing has changed.

Before any of these problems happened, Windows 8 would mess up. I would keep my tower on for days (which I regret now) and restart it every once and a while. Around the second week of August, the computer booted up great and dandy, but once Windows 8 would boot, nothing was there. I couldn't go to my desktop, and no icons were there. Only the Wallpaper of Windows 8 was there. I then would try to reset it, and the computer would run, and once again it wouldn't recognize my monitor, mouse, or keyboard. After that, I was always so scared to turn off my tower, because it would do that about 2-4 times a week until it just finally gave up.

I use to play a lot of games on it, so that might be an issue. Thank you.

Computer Specs:

• 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3930K processor
    Features a 12MB L3 cache and 3.2GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz.
  • Intel® Core™ i7 processor
    Features 8-way processing for ultimate smart performance. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology automatically speeds up your processor when your PC needs extra performance.
    For multitasking power, expandable to 64GB.
  • Blu-ray Disc-enabled drive
    Features read support for next-generation Blu-ray Disc (BD-ROM).
  • 1TB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200 rpm)
    Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
  • NVIDIA GTX 670 graphics
    Feature 2GB dedicated video memory for lush images. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.
  • 4 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 ports
    For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
  • Built-in Realtek 8111F 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN
    For quick and easy wired Web connection.
  • Custom liquid cooling system
    Improves reliability and reduces operation noise.
  • Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit operating system preinstalled
    Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
  • Software package included
    Includes 1-month trial of Microsoft Office 365.
  • Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

Here's a youtube video I made the day after I got it:

Please mute it because I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it gives an idea about how the wiring was and such.

Much help is appreciated because it's been 8 or so months and I really miss it. 

Edited by nothingisthelimit, 21 January 2014 - 05:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nothingisthelimit

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

I may have or may not have found a solution as to what caused these problems. I was looking around in my computer, and I noticed bent Motherboard socket pins. Two are nearly bent over eachother. I saw that may cause boot up problems, but I'm not sure. The wiring is so crap, I can't get anything in there to fix it.

#3 OldPhil

• Members
  • 3,922 posts
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

It is near impossible to know exactly what the cause of a dead no power situation is, one of my thoughts is it may have been power surged, you said you tried three sockets.  You make no mention of having and using an uninterrupted power supply, which to protect you investment/system is a must.  Most all surges do damage, how much without physically checking things over no one can tell.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 hamluis

• 55,000 posts
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

It's under warranty...it seems defective.

If your parents don't understand that, then it's likely that they will spend more money on this system in the future...than anyone has to.  Don't you have any friends?

#5 Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

I would never buy iBuyPower...but then again, I can build my own system piecemeal, so I wouldn't knock you for buying prebuild :)

Do some research on your power supply....I did some quick checks online and didn't get alot of good things about Azza PSUs.

Copied from other sites:

The Azza '650' doesn't supply less amps because it has less rails. It supplies less amps because it's underbuilt. See the attached pictures for the whole story; first is the Azza, showcasing its puny 38A combined 12V rating, then a Corsair HX620 showing 600w/50A. Yes, a PSU that says 30 watts less can actually supply almost 150 watts MORE where it counts. The 650 watt Corsairs are 52A capable, and all the Corsairs (or other quality brands) are much more efficient than the Azza, which, again, will absolutely save you cash over the long term in a folding rig.

edit: Oh yeah, one more thing: The Corsair is rated at 50C. The Azza? 25C. That's 77 Fahrenheit. Bet ya it runs warmer than that.

I would think about possibly getting a decent power supply, but nothing else. You shouldn't need a topshelf- and if you could even borrow someone elses or a spare from someone, that would at least give you an idea if the PSU is the problem or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users