Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replaced a laptop screen and it won't come on...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kannudo

kannudo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hello fellow forum-goers,
I have a slight problem... I've got a Lenovo Ideapad N585 (running windows 8) that had gotten sat upon, which in turn cracked the screen...

Okay, no biggie... I ordered a replacement screen from Ebay, installed it, put everything back together and... Nothing... Screen won't turn on...

So I hooked it up to my desktop monitor and the thing comes on fine...

I take it all back apart and double check all of my connections, put it all back together again and..... Still no screen...

I checked to see if maybe it was an issue with the backlight/inverter by shining a flashlight on the screen when the laptop was on but it isn't that (or if it is then the inverter is totally shot.....)

I've googled my problem but I couldn't find anything that helped...

So, now I turn to you...! Is there
anything any of you can think of that I'm missing or any other tips that will help me narrow down the problem? At this point, I'll try just about anything...

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Sounds like you were scammed, or there was something broken in the motherboard that causes the signals not to be there, did the replacement screen come with new backlights or did you use the old ones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users