Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 bootable usb or dvd from corrupted dvd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Elite Immanuel

Elite Immanuel

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

My windows 7 dvd got corrupted recently because of scratches. I am having a copy of all the files on my hard drive, but unfortunately not in iso or any other cd image format. So, now i want to extract the boot data files from the original corrupted dvd and use it with the dvd files from my hard drive to make a bootable dvd or usb(dvd more preferable ).
Please someone help me with this!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hello,

You can download full legal iso's of Windows 7 here.

#3 Elite Immanuel

Elite Immanuel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

My net is slow so i cant afford that 1.9 GB download.
So is there any other way.

And if possible can anyone provide me with the "bootmgr.efi" file found in the root of the disk.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

Hi

Simply copying "Bootmgr" to the root of DVD won't make it bootable. If your net bandwidth is low to download an ISO, i would recommend creating a system restore DVD set which will restore your OS in case of a disaster. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4241/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-7/

everything in your "C" drive will be backed up so it is better to create a separate partition for data storage ( if not already done so). Also uninstall any unwanted software so the image should be smaller. If your OS became corrupted somehow, simplify use your recovery image to restore OS partition and your data will be unaffected.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 22 January 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#5 Elite Immanuel

Elite Immanuel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

First of all thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
But after searching and lingering through google i found out this site
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/11194-how-to-create-a-windows-vista-7-8-installation-disc-bootable-using-imgburn/
This was excactly what i was searching for. I followed the steps and finally succeeded. So my problem is solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users