Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can my pc run windows 8.1 ??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shinmarwan

shinmarwan

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

my specs :

amd 6450 1G

4 GB ram

AMD athlon 2 x2 240

and when i run compatibility tester it says that 2 of my games are not compatible ( fallout 3 and generals zero hour )

so what do you say ?? should i upgrade

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

If you have space on your current hard drive you could create a new partition and install windows 8 to that new partition and do a test run. You would have a dual boot machine. You can always delete the windows 8 partition and give the space back to the windows 7 partition. Fallout 3 may work on windows 8 with some tweaks see here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142380551

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Any computer manufactured in the past ten years, will run Windows 8.x.

#4 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Uh... sorry Greg62702, I know of two ol' computers sittin' pretty right by me that no way, no how, would be able to run 8.1 without some major  major hardware upgrade. The only thing I have that is 10+ old is my Canon  Bubblejet BJC 1000 that, again. happily made the transition to the new 8.1 computer. I gotta love Canon, they have yet not to update their drivers.

#5 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Uh... sorry Greg62702, I know of two ol' computers sittin' pretty right by me that no way, no how, would be able to run 8.1 without some major  major hardware upgrade. The only thing I have that is 10+ old is my Canon  Bubblejet BJC 1000 that, again. happily made the transition to the new 8.1 computer. I gotta love Canon, they have yet not to update their drivers.

I ran 8 on a Acer Aspire a0532h without any problems.  Only had an issue with one piece of hardware, that would cause a Bluescreen.  That was due to Intel will never issue any driver updates for the hardware that they now consider out of date, even though that particular chipset is only five years old.

8 will run on a P4 2.5-3gb or Intel Duo-Core, or AMD like CPU, and majority of GPU's out there.  Min. required RAM is 4GB, but really you are better in having 12GB of RAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users