Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 PM
I have a user on a W7 Pro pc that unsuccessfully tried to install LogMeIn multiple times and that is all they have admitted to. Now Outlook 2010 will not connect to the POP3 (both POP/SMTP) mail box. Below are the error messages.
Outlook send\receive errors
Task 'email@example.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800408FC) : 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'
Task 'firstname.lastname@example.org - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties.'
0. I can ping the mail server by name and IP from the command line on W7 box.
1. hardcode the IP address of the Mail server in Outlook -no go, same error .
2. Outlook Repair install -no go, same error
3. SCANPST ran once - no go, same error
4. System restore ran 2 times restoring to a point prior to problem - no go, same error
5. Installed Thunderbird with same mail setting and userid/psw and it works but user prefers Outlook